The signature event of Undergraduate Research Week, the Undergraduate Research Symposium (URS) has been held on the University of Illinois (U of I) campus since 2008. The number of undergraduate students participating has grown from a few hundred in its inaugural year to well over 800 students. Over the course of the day, students present their work in concurrent oral and poster presentations (including creative performances), the breadth and scope of which reflect not only the wide range of academic disciplines at the University of Illinois, but also speak to the caliber of our undergraduates. Our students are innovative and engaged, eager to learn from their advisors and mentors. Their projects also demonstrate the ongoing institutional commitment to supporting and expanding research opportunities at the U of I and beyond.
2023 Undergraduate Research Symposium
Oral / Performance Presentations: 2nd Floor
- Gain valuable presentation experience.
- Receive feedback that could further your research.
- Contribute to and learn about recent advancements in your field.
- Bolster your résumé or curriculum vitae.
- Presenting at the URS satisfies one of the requirements for the Undergraduate Research Certificate!
- The name(s), NetID, email, UIN, gender, race/ethnicity, college, major, year in school for each presenter.*Please note, graduate students, faculty, and staff should NOT be included as presenters in the application. We only allow undergraduate students to be presenters at the URS.
- The name and contact information for the presenter's research mentor.
- Title of the oral presentation, poster, or performance. This title can be revised after the application has been submitted.
- Presentation abstract (not to exceed 200 words). Abstract will only be used internally by OUR for panel assignments.
- Presentation category that best applies to your research topic (e.g. Artistic Expressions and Human Inquiry, Food Plants and Animals, Science and Mathematics, Health and Wellness).
Eligibility and Application:
- All current undergraduate students are eligible to present at the URS.
- Applications will be accepted November 2022 - March 10, 2023. Check back for link to apply.